Descriptif longWAR ON SCREEN, the only international festival dedicated to presentations by fiction, documentary or reportage of conflicts of yesterday, today and tomorrow, real or imaginary, presents its third edition.
It embraces all genres, from comedy to espionage, from science fiction to historical epics to social drama. Sponsored by Albert Dupontel since its creation and carried by the Comète, Scène national de Châlons-en-Champagne, the festival offers a rich and varied program.
Festival-goers will thus be able to discover:
- two International Competitions (long and short films).
- several Focus
- Previews and Special Sessions presented by guests from several countries.
- a young audience.
- Round tables, Master classes.
- Workshops for all audiences, video games and exhibitions (Thierry Guitard, illustrator and author of comics, The birth of aviation in the Marne).
Dedicated to representations of the conflicts of yesterday, today and tomorrow, WAR ON SCREEN seeks to illustrate all aspects of it. In this sense, the festival can not be limited to the military approach to a conflict. On the contrary, it explores all the springs and embraces both what creates a conflict and what it generates during its unfolding and afterwards. Moreover, it reflects human trajectories upset by sometimes distant conflicts.
Most of the programming features films that are missing any battles, or even any military or military representation of a conflict to focus on less factual, deeper psychological and human aspects. The result is an extremely diversified programming, combining all types of cinematographic processing, brewing all genres and languages.
- Base rate : from 4,5 to 50 €