At night, the boat tour is sublimated by sound and light shows as well as projections, a show called “Métamorph’eau’ses”.
The boat ride, organised by the Tourist Office, allows to discover many remarkable elements of the architectural and natural heritage of Chalons-en-Champagne. At night, the atmosphere is no longer the same. The darkness comes to completely change the perception of sounds and things. This is the time of the show, light, and of dramatization of the places…
Châlons-en-Champagne invites you to a stroll between lights and shadows. Following the thread of water, on a boat or by foot, discover the city and its treasures thanks to the magic of the light.
Departures in 2020 :
- April: every Saturday + Thursday, April 30th
- May: Fridays and Saturdays + May the 7th, 20th and 21st, from 10:30 p.m.
- June: Thursday to Sunday from 10:30 pm.
- July and August: every day except Monday, July 13th (National Day)
- September: Thursday to Sunday and during school holidays (from September 24th to October 3rd).
- October: Fridays and Saturdays from 7:30 pm.
- December: Fridays and Saturdays from 5.30 pm. (except December 25th)
- Adults : 15€
- Children (4 to 10 yo) : 7,50€
Booking required. You can book on our website or by phone. Departure in front of the Tourist Office.
Did you know ?
This project is realised in partnership with Skertzò, scenographer of fantastical territories where light and shadow reveal imaginary realities. Master of illusion and “trompe-l’oeil”, Skertzò transforms sites and dramatizes the urban space.
Among their accomplishments : « La nuit des Chimères » in Le Mans, the Cathedrals of Reims, Beauvais and Strasbourg, Moët et Chandon in New York, the World Equestrian Games in Caen …
The Company LEA (Lighting Engineer Associates), technical office of lighting design is also a strong player in this project. For over 20 years now, LEA performs the best lights and enjoys today a reputation of international dimension.
The history of Métamorph’eau’ses
Episode 1 in 2015, allowed you to discover the first phase of this itinerant light show, the underground galleries and the Château du Marché were selected to be the first places to create the show “Métamorph’eau’ses”.
In 2016, you discovered the episode 2 with the lighting of the “Petit Jard” (garden), the circus school and the bridge of the Mariners as well as many lights animations throughout the ride.
From june 10th of 2017, enjoy the episode 3 with 2 more sound and light shows on the magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Church Notre-Dame-en-Vaux and on the Brigdge Putte-Savatte as well as a few others lightings along the tour.
Métamorph’eau’ses is a true technical achievement and artistic creation that has been awarded at the Lumières Contest in 2017.
In 2018, lots of novelties with new screenings on theMauvillain Arch, the arrows of Notre-Dame-en-Vaux and the Swan House, the expansion of the show on the Historic Circus, the creation of an Anamorphose and the appearance of an audio commentary.
In 2019, the “7 windmills” bridge (Pont des 7 Moulins) will be enlightened to complete the show.
- Boat Tours l’Eau’dyssée
- Boat Tours Métamorph’eau’ses
- 2hrs to visit Châlons ?
- Gardens, Parks and Hiking
- UNESCO World Heritage
- Châlons, capital of Circus
- Beach and Music in Châlons
- Châlons’s Fair and its music festival
- Champagne Châlons Reims Basket (CCRB)
- War on Screen Festival
- The Great War and the Western Front